Unit: Are you a Tigger or an Eeyore?
INTRO to UNIT: We already learned that authors create literary characters to send a message to readers about life.Currently, many fancy pants theorists and authors are studying Tigger and Eeyore from the Winnie the Pooh series as metaphors for how real people (like you and me) approach life. In this unit, you will explore how Tigger and Eeyore utilize their different personality traits to deal with adversity. By the end of this unit, you will hopefully discover your inner Tigger or inner Eeyore.
Assignment 1 : Short Story and Character Map Worksheet'
'A Comparison of Eeyore and Tigger's opposing personalities'
Directions 1-7: Click on hyperlinks to retrieve assignments and short stories.
- Read Chapter 6: "Eeyore gets 2 birthday presents"
- Complete the worksheet: Chapter 6: Eyore
- Read "Tiggers Dont Climb Trees"
- Complete the worksheet Tigger Character Map
- Link to worksheets
- Save and email me back at LGiunta@williamsburgprep.org
- Click on Slideshow below to view the strengths and weaknesses of Tigger and Eeyore.
**TIP*** the notes in this slideshow will help you with the worksheet
Assignment 2: " Essential Question Power Point "
1. View the slideshow ‘Essential Questions for Final Project’.
2. Choose one Essential Question from slideshow to use.
3. View the slideshow presentation: 'Assignment 2.Ms. Gs Example w Q’s '
4. Follow the directions in slides 1-3 to help you prepare your ROUGH DRAFT model.
5. Refer to text to answer questions. Use either story.
Link to stories:
6. When finished with rough draft ppt. send to LGiunta@williamsburgprep.org
7. Copy and Paste rough draft ppt. into new doc. Label it Final Draft.PPT, your name.
8. Your Final PPT should have 3 slides:
- 1st slide: Essential Q picture slide: the original E.Q slide
- 2nd slide: Flash Draft (your answers without q’s)
- 3rd slide: Reflection answers and image(only complete sentences here, without q’s)
9. When finished send to LGiunta@williamsburgprep.org